Breakfast is the most important meal of the day – or so they say. Regardless, I’m a breakfast fan, always & forever. If you find yourself running tight on time, your morning meal doesn’t have to be a huge ordeal. Oatmeal is my go-to when I need some fuel in the a.m., but don’t have the time for an elaborate dish. Instant oatmeal can be full of sugar, so I try to have plain instant oats on hand to jazz up with my ingredients of choice.
Recipes like this, Banana Granola Oatmeal, can easily be prepped at night to give you even more time to hit the snooze button.
– 1 ripe banana
– 1 cup water (you can also use milk or a milk substitute)
– 1/2 cup instant oats
– 1/4 cup granola
– 1 tsp. cinnamon
– Sugar, to taste
– Vanilla, to taste
Prep time: 5 minutes – Cook time: 2-3 minutes – Total Time: 8 minutes
1. Using a spoon, mash banana directly into a bowl.
2. Add all dry ingredients.
3. Add water & vanilla. Mix all until well combined.
4. Microwave for 2 – 2 1/2 minutes.
5. Remove from the microwave and stir once more. Then, enjoy!
In less than 10 minutes, you’ll have a filling and delicious breakfast ready to eat. For some behind the scenes action, check out my Instagram “In The Kitchen” highlight!
What’s your favorite flavor of oatmeal?