Loaded nachos…need I say more? As you’ve probably grown to know by now, nachos are a very significant part of my life – maybe too much so…
A few months ago, I decided to give Weight Watchers a try again! I had a lot of success with it a few years ago & I’ve been in a bit of a downward spiral of too much indulging over the past year or so. One of the reasons that I personally love Weight Watchers is that I can still treat myself to some my guilty pleasures – in moderation, of course. It also gives me the opportunity to get a little creative & create WW-friendly versions of some of my favorite foods.
Enter the sweet & spicy mash-up of these Loaded Sweet Potato Nachos…
– 1 medium sweet potato
– 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
– 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
– 1/4 tsp. pepper
– 1/4 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
– Kosher salt, to taste
– 4 oz. shredded chicken
– 1/4 cup black beans
– 1/8 cup diced chiles
– 1/8 cup diced tomatoes
– 1/2 cup low-fat Mexican blend shredded cheese
Prep time: 10 minutes – Cook time: 25-30 minutes – Total Time: 35-40 minutes
1. Prep: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
2. Prepare Sweet Potato Slices: Slice the sweet potato into thin rounds. [Insider tip: if you have a spiralizer – use it. It makes slicing much easier & faster]. In a medium-sized bowl, combine sweet potato slices, olive oil, garlic powder, pepper, & cayenne pepper. Lay the rounds on the baking sheet, season with kosher salt – to taste, and bake for 20 minutes.
3. Load Up The Nachos: Allow the sweet potato slices to cool. Then, line the bottom of a non-stick pan with sweet potatoes. Layer shredded chicken, black beans, diced chiles, diced tomatoes, & cheese. Broil for 5-10 minutes, until toppings are heated through & cheese is melted.
4. Garnish with a dollop guacamole & sour cream!
What are your favorite nacho toppings?
Stay tuned for more Weight Watchers friendly recipes soon!