New year, new me! Well really, same old me – just with some new recipes! If you’re looking for a way to tighten up your waistline, but still have enjoyable meals – then spaghetti squash or zoodles dishes are a great way to guiltlessly indulge. Although they don’t taste exactly like pasta, they can give it a run for it’s money. This Spaghetti Squash Shrimp Scampi recipe will leave your tastebuds and stomach satisfied!
– 1 whole spaghetti squash
– 1/2 lb. fresh cooked shrimp, tails removed
– 2 tbsp. olive oil
– 1/2 fresh lemon
– 1 garlic clove, minced
– 1/2 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
– Italian parsley, chopped, for garnish
– Grated Parmigiano cheese, garnish
Prep time: 10 minutes – Cook time: 1 hour – Total time: 1 hour 10 minutes
1. Roast spaghetti squash: Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Slice spaghetti squash in half & remove seeds. Season with 1/2 tbsp. olive oil, salt, & pepper to taste. Place squash flesh side down on a baking sheet and bake for 40-50 minutes.
2. Sauté Shrimp: Heat the rest of the olive oil in a medium sized pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook until browned, about 2-3 minutes. Add shrimp, season with salt pepper, and Old Bay seasoning. Cook for about 5 minutes, until shrimp is thoroughly cooked.
3. Prepare Spaghetti Squash: Remove squash from oven, flip over, and let stand to cool. Once squash is cool enough to handle – scrap the inside of both halves of the squash with a large spoon or fork and separate the strands of skin from the squash. Separate half of the spaghetti squash strands – freeze these to save for a future recipe!
3. Add remaining spaghetti squash strands to pan with sautéed shrimp and toss until well mixed. Squeeze juice from lemon & add zest from the lemon for an extra kick! (optional)
4. Garnish with parsley & grated Parmigiano, to taste. Enjoy!