Pancakes are undoubtedly a breakfast comfort food staple. In my opinion, a cozy morning at home always calls for pancakes. Although, your good ole fashioned pancake recipe will never let you down, I love adding mix-ins to the batter to bring some new flavors to the breakfast table!
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 1 tablespoon white sugar
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1 banana, mashed
– 1 cup milk
– 1 egg, beaten
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
Prep time: 5 minutes – Cook time: 10 minutes – Total time: 15 minutes
1. Combine all dry ingredients: flour, white sugar, baking powder, salt, & ground cinnamon in a medium sized bowl – mix until well combined. In a separate large bowl, mix egg, milk, vegetable oil, & bananas until well combined.
2. Whisk flour mixture into wet ingredients – batter will be lumpy.
3. Heat a lightly oiled pan over medium-high heat. Pour 1/4 cup scoops of pancake mixture into pan. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts on one side and cook until both sides of pancakes are golden brown – about 3-5 minutes on each side.
4. Top with maple syrup – or your topping of choice – and enjoy!
What’s your favorite way to make pancakes? Happy eating!