The sweet, yet savory, flavor of sweet potatoes can be the perfect kick to add to any fall dish. Aside from being a solid source of protein, they’re also just delicious! Try out this Sweet Potato & Egg Skillet recipe for a quick and easy breakfast [or breakfast for dinner]…
– 1 1/2 cup sweet potatoes, diced
– 2 large eggs
– 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
– 1/4 chives, diced
– 1 tbsp. olive oil
– Paprika, to taste
– Salt & pepper, to taste
p.s. – You’ll also want to make sure you’re using an oven safe skillet.
Prep time: 5 minutes — Cook time: 20 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Drizzle olive oil into a skillet over medium heat. Once warm, add diced sweet potatoes. Season with salt, pepper, & paprika to taste. Cook until tender & potatoes begin to brown – about 6-8 minutes.
3. Crack eggs over skillet and add to sweet potatoes. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until egg whites are set.
4. Sprinkle shredded cheese and diced chives over egg & sweet potato mixture. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes, until cheese starts to bubble.
5. Remove skillet from oven, garnish with more chives, & enjoy!