A spicy kick can be the best way to start the day – and chorizo can definitely pack a punch! You may be starting to this that this is just a breakfast blog, but that isn’t the case – breakfast just happens to be my favorite & most blogged about meal of the day. The key to making a great breakfast dish is making it fast – at least for me it is. I’m usually starving when I wake up in the morning, so I need a meal that can be ready in less than 10 minutes. Luckily, I have just the recipe [quite a few recipes actually] that can do that trick!
Check out this quick & simple Chorizo & Egg Breakfast Sandwich recipe…
– 1 english muffin, toasted
– 1 large egg
– 2 oz. chorizo
– 1/4 cup shredded cheese
– 1 tbsp. olive oil
– Salt & pepper, to taste
Prep time: 2 minutes – Cook time: 10 minutes
1. Drizzle olive oil into a skillet over medium heat. Once warm, add chorizo and cook until it begins to brown – about 3 minutes. Drain oil & set aside.
2. Spray a small skillet with non-stick cooking spray over medium heat. Crack egg into skillet, & season with salt & pepper to taste. Let cook until egg whites have hardened, about 5 minutes.
3. Reduce to low heat. Top fried egg with chorizo & shredded cheese, cook until cheese is melted.
4. Place all atop toasted English muffin & enjoy!
What’s your favorite breakfast dish?