As per usual, Mexican food is always on my brain [or should I say belly?]. Instead of spending too much time in the kitchen, I decided to round up some ingredients from my fridge to try another quick & simple crock pot meal by way of this Chorizo Slow Cooker recipe. The hardest part of making a crock pot meal is waiting for it to be ready – the delicious aromas can really amp up those hunger pains. Beware – the combo deal of chorizo and sliced jalapeño gives this dish a bit of a kick!
– 5-6 oz. chorizo
– 2 cups black beans
– 2 cups water
– 1 lime
– 1 cup green pepper, chopped
– 1/2 cup white mushrooms, chopped
– 1/2 cup jalapeño, sliced
– 1/4 cup white onion, sliced
– 2 tbsp. olive oil
Prep time: 10 minutes – Cook time: 4-5 hours
1. Drizzle olive oil in the bottom of the crock pot. Add all other ingredients, except water & lime.
2. Slice the lime in half & squeeze the juice of the lime into the crock pot. Slice lime & add slices to crock pot mixture. Add water & stir until all ingredients are well combined.
3. Cook for 4-5 hours on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
4. Serve over rice or tortilla chips. Garnish with sour cream, salsa, or guacamole and enjoy!
What’s your favorite slow cooker recipe?