As a [semi] sophisticated woman in my late twenties, I’ve had to retire by tallboy PBR days for a more classic [and classy] cocktail choice – enter the Dirty Martini. Until recently, I wouldn’t dare try to make such a drink at home – I’m more of a wine pourer, than mixologist. However, I stumbled upon a recipe on Liquor.com and thought I’d give it a whirl on my own once I realized how simple of a concoction it was! I used a dry gin for my martini, but you can also substitute in vodka – if you so choose.
– 2 1/2 oz. gin [I used Martin Miller’s Premium Gin]
– 3/4 oz. vermouth
– 3/4 oz. olive brine [I used the juice from my jar of olives]
– Blue cheese stuffed olives, to garnish
Prep time: 2 minutes — Shake time: 1 minute
1. Add all liquid ingredients to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigourously for 1 minute.
2. Strain into a chilled glass. Garnish with olives.