Aside from being a trendy superfood, avocados are also just flat out delicious. They’re a staple in my fridge & SO easy to throw into any dish to add a bit of flair. This recipe creates a creamy avocado sauce in a low fat way – talk about a win-win! The next time you’re in a pinch for some dinner inspiration – give this Avocado Pasta recipe one a whirl…
– 6 oz. spaghetti (about 1/2 box)
– 1 avocado, halved, seeded, & peeled
– 1 garlic clove, chopped
– 1 jalapeno, sliced
– 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
– 1/8 cup olive oil
– juice of 1 lemon
– 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
– Salt & pepper, to taste
Prep time: 5 minutes — Cook time: 15 minutes
1. In a pot of boiling water, add 1 tbsp. of olive oil and cook pasta for 10 minutes – or until al dente. Stir pasta occasionally, to prevent sticking.
2. While pasta is boiling, combine avocado, garlic cloves, jalapeno, lemon juice, and salt & pepper in a blender or food processor. Blend well – while slowly adding olive oil – until the mixture has a sauce-like consistency.
3. In a large bowl, combine the avocado sauce and drained pasta. Stir until well mixed. Top with cilantro and diced tomatoes.
4. Serve immediately & enjoy!
I topped my avocado pasta with a pan-seared tilapia fillet for some added protein! One of the great things about this recipe is that it can easily be modified to fit your palette.