Inspired by some Chinese take out that I ordered this weekend, I decided to whip up my own ramen noodle stir fry. While take out is one of my guiltiest of pleasures, it is definitely not waistline friendly – although you have to indulge every now & then! This Veggie & Noodle Stir Fry recipe is a fresh spin & upgrade to your standard instant ramen noodle dinner.
– 1/2 lb. ground turkey
– 1 package instant ramen noodles
– 2 cups frozen broccoli
– 1/4 cup onion, chopped
– 1 clove garlic, minced
– 1/8 cup jalapeño, sliced
– 1/2 lemon, sliced
– 1/4 avocado, diced
– 1 cup water
– 1 tbsp. soy sauce
– 2 tbsp. olive oil
– Crushed red pepper to taste
Prep time: 5 minutes — Cook time: 15 minutes
1. Drizzle olive oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Add onion, jalapeño, and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes, until onion starts to caramelize.
2. Add ground turkey to skillet. Cook until brown.
3. Add water, soy sauce, and broccoli to browned turkey. Add broken up ramen noodles to mixture, along with 1/2 of seasoning packet. Squeeze juice from lemon slices into mixture, place lemon slices into skillet, and stir until well combined.
4. Cover skillet with a lid and let simmer for 7-8 minutes, or until noodles are fully cooked.
4. Garnish the finished stir fry with crushed red pepper, to taste, and diced avocado.