While I could easily be found at Chipotle picking up a burrito bowl daily, that’s not the smartest thing to do for either my waistline or my wallet. This Fish Taco Bowl recipe combines what in my eyes are the best of two worlds – fish tacos & burrito bowls. This recipe makes one serving, but feel free to double or triple to fit to your dining needs!
– 1 cup brown rice
– 1 4 oz. tilapia fillet
– 1/4 cup black beans
– 1/4 cup jalapeños, sliced
– 1/4 cup white onion, sliced
– 1/2 avocado, sliced
– 1/2 tbsp. taco seasoning
– 1 glove garlic, minced
– t tsp. kosher salt
– 1 tbsp. olive oil
– juice of 1/2 lime
Prep time: 5 minutes — Cook time: 15 minutes — Total time: 20 minutes
1. Bring 1 cup of water to a bowl in a pan over high heat. Once water is boiling add 1 cup of brown rice. Let cook for approx. 10 minutes.
2. While rice is cooking, drizzle 1 tbsp. of olive oil into a medium sized skillet over medium-high heat. Add jalapeños, onion, and garlic. Let cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add tilapia fillet to pan. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side. While cooking, sprinkle taco seasoning evenly on both sides of fish. Optional: Once tilapia is fully cooked, add 1/4 cup of black beans to the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until beans are warm.
4. Once rice has fully cooked, drain water and pour into a bowl. Add lime juice, salt, and 1/2 of the cilantro to the bowl. Stir until well combined.
5. Top the cilantro lime rice with black beans, fish, and rest of the cilantro. Add avocado slices to garnish.
Pairs well with a glass of white wine.