Burgers are always on my mind. Since a standard beef burger can easily become a VERY high calorie meal, it’s good to have options for when you’re craving a burger but don’t want the guilt of devouring a quarter pounder. This Turkey Burger slider recipe is quick & easy to whip up & won’t leave you feeling bloated at the end of your meal…
– 4 mini hamburger buns
– 1/2 lb. ground turkey
– 1/4 cup shredded colby jack cheese
– 2 tbsp. italian dressing
– 1/8 cup red onion, minced
– 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
– 1 clove garlic, minced
– Salt & pepper, to taste
Prep time: 10 minutes — Cook time: 15 minutes
1. In a medium sized bowl, combine all ingredients except for the sliced red onion. Using your hands, mix well until all ingredients are evenly combined.
2. Make 1/4 cup sized patties with the turkey burger mixture. Drizzle 1 tbsp. olive oil in a pan of medium-high heat. Add burgers to warm pan and cook for about 5 minutes on each side, or until brown.
3. Remove cooked patties from the pan. In the same pan, add sliced red onion and sautee for 2-3 minutes.
4. Toast the mini burger buns in the oven (at 325 degrees) for about 5 minutes. Then top the toasted mini burger buns with the slider patty, then satueed onion. (I used these buns for a sweet & savory combo deal!)
Serve with a side salad or some homemade french fries & enjoy!