Comfort food during the winter months is an absolute necessity – and my drug of choice is potatoes of any kind. Baked potatoes are one of the oldest recipes in the book, but it’s good to shake things up from time to time. This Stuffed Baked Potato recipe is an appetizing, simple, and filling recipe that is sure to warm up your dinner table on those cold winter nights.
– 2 potatoes
– 1 garlic glove, minced
– 1/4 cup diced white mushrooms
– 1/4 cup diced green onion
– 1/4 cup shredded colby jack cheese
– 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
– Salt & pepper, to taste
– Crushed red pepper, to taste
Prep time: 15 minutes – Cook time: 1 hour 30 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Clean potatoes and coat in olive oil. Place on baking sheet and season lightly with salt & pepper, then bake for 1 hour.
2. Remove potatoes from oven and let cool enough to be able to handle. Slice off the tops of the potatoes. Scoop the flesh out of the potatoes and into a large bowl, while keeping the skin intact.
3. Add the diced green onion, mushroom, minced garlic, and Greek yogurt to the potato flesh. Mix all ingredients until well combined. Stir in the shredded cheese and season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper to taste.
4. Spoon the mixture back into the potato skins. Return the filled potato skins to the oven for about 30 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.
5. Cool for about 5 minutes & enjoy!
What’s your favorite comfort food?