Inspired by a recipe from Haylie Duff on an episode of The Real Girl’s Kitchen, this Three Cheese Stuffed Shells recipe is bound to be in my dinner rotation now! Although the recipe seems labor intensive, it didn’t take long to throw together & believe me – every moment of prep was worth it in the end…
– 1 1 lb. box of large shell pasta
– 3 1/2 cups tomato sauce
– 2 1/4 cups finely shredded mozzarella
– 2 large eggs
– 1 1/3 cups ricotta cheese
– 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
– 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
– 1 tsp. kosher salt
– 1 tsp. ground pepper
– 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
– zest of 1 lemon
Prep time: 20 minutes – Cook time: 25 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook shells according to package instructions, but be sure to keep them slightly al dente.
2. While shells are cooking, mix ricotta, parmesan, parsley, salt, pepper, garlic powder, eggs, and 2 cups mozzarella in a large bowl – stir until well combined.
3. Spoon about 2 1/2 cups of pasta sauce onto the bottom of a 9″ x 13″ baking pan. Sprinkle garlic powder on top of sauce, optional.
4. Fill cooked shells with 1 tbsp. of ricotta mixture. Place the filled shells on top of sauce.
5. Top the shells with the remaining pasta sauce and sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese, grated parmesan (to taste) & parsley (optional) on top.
6. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Then remove foil and cook for another 8-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and browned.
Serve with a side salad and garlic bread & enjoy!