Holiday season is officially in full effect! Not only are the holidays great for spending time with family, they’re also the best time to food. Inspired by a recipe from Yummy Crumble that I tweaked a bit, I whipped up these Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes that are fit to be the perfect ending to a Thanksgiving feast. The Maple Pecan Frosting is what really seals the deal for these cupcakes. If you’re still in need of a dessert recipe for the big day, then give these a try!
– 3 cups all purpose flour
– 3 eggs
– 2 cups granulated sugar
– 1 cup brown sugar
– 1 cup vegetable oil
– 1 15 oz. can of pumpkin puree
– 1 cup almond milk
– 2 tsp. vanilla extract
– 1 tsp. cinnamon
– 1 tsp. nutmeg
– 1 tsp. allspice
– 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
– 1 tsp. baking soda
– 1/2 tsp. baking powder
– 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
– 3 cups powdered sugar
– 1 cup butter, softened
– 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
– 1/4 cup maple syrup
Prep time: 45 minutes — Cook time: 20 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pan or spray with a nonstick spray.
2. In a medium sized bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, beat granulated sugar, brown sugar, and oil together with a mixer until well mixed.
4. Add eggs into the sugar mixture one at a time while continuing to beat until eggs have been completely blended into the mixture.
5. Add vanilla and pumpkin puree to mixture and blend until well mixed.
6. Slowly add in the dry ingredients into the wet mixture, while alternating between adding the milk. Stir until well combined.
7. Pour the cupcake batter into the cupcake pan, filling each cup about 3/4 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and let completely cool.
8. While cupcakes are cooling, begin to prepare the icing. In a large bowl, whip the softened butter until fluffy.
9. Add 2 cups of powdered sugar and syrup to butter and beat well. Add the last cup of sugar and beat again. Add in 1/2 cup of chopped peans and beat again until all of the mixture is well combined.
10. Pipe icing onto cooled cupcakes. Sprinkle remaining chopped pecans over cupcakes to garnish.
Enjoy! Happy Thanksgiving!