As winter is creeping its way in, the dark & dreary weather can make cooking dinner after a long day at work quite the feat. However, crockpot meals can complete change the game. Just combine the ingredients in the crockpot before you head out the door in the morning, and let the crockpot doing the cooking while you’re away – plus you’re sure to have leftovers. Whip up this Crockpot Turkey Chili recipe in just a few quick steps for dinner (and a few lunches) this week!
– 2 lbs. lean ground turkey
– 2 jalepenos, diced
– 1 yellow or white onion, chopped
– 1 green bell pepper, chopped
– 1 red bell pepper, chopped
– 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
– 1 can (15 oz.) diced tomatoes
– 1 can (15 oz) kidney beans, drained
– 1 can (15 oz.) black beans
– 3 tbsp. tomato paste
– 1/2 tsp. hot sauce
– 1 tbsp. olive oil
– 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
– 3 tbsp. chili powder
– 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
– 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
– Black pepper & garlic powder, to taste
Prep time: 8 minutes – Cook time: 3-4 hours
1. Drizzle olive oil in a large skillet. Add onion and cook until onion begins to brown, about 3 minutes. Add turkey and cook until brown, about 5 minutes.
2. Add browned turkey & onions to crockpot. Add all other ingredients. Mix until well combined. Cook on medium heat for 3-4 hours (or on low heat for up to 8-9 hours).
3. Garnish with some shredded cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream and enjoy!