No spaghetti meal is ever complete without either a side salad or a side of cheesy bread – and let’s be real, no one really wants salad over bread. This simple and easy Cheesy Italian Garlic Bread recipe can be ready in less than 15 minutes & is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
– 8 slices of Italian bread (I used a freshly baked loaf from the bakery)
– 2 tbsp. butter or margarine, softened
– 1 cup shredded low-moisture part-skim Mozzarella cheese
– Garlic powder, to taste
– Italian seasoning, to taste
Prep time: 3 minutes – Cook time: 8 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray non-stick cooking onto a baking pan.
2. Evenly spread butter onto all pieces of bread. Sprinkle garlic powder, to taste, over all buttered pieces of bread.
3. Distribute shredded cheese evenly across slices, about 1/8 cup per slice. Add Italian seasoning, to taste – I used about 1/2 tbsp. per slice.
4. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until edges of bread are golden brown.
Enjoy along side a pasta dish for dinner!