Waking up is without a doubt the hardest part of the day – at least that’s the case for me! BUT if you know that something as delicious as the breakfast dish is in your near future, then getting out of bed may come a little easier. Start the day right with this Potato & Veggie Hash with Fried Eggs recipe- which obviously pairs perfectly with a hot cup of coffee.
– 2 medium eggs
– 1 cup russet potatoes, cut into 1/4″ slices
– 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
– 1/4 cup mushrooms, sliced
– 1/4 tsp garlic powder
– Salt & pepper, to taste
Prep time: 5 minutes – Cook time: 8-12 minutes
1. In a pan over medium-high heat, combine potatoes, onion, and mushrooms. Add garlic, salt, & pepper to mixture, then cook for 5-7 minutes, or until potatoes are golden brown.
2. Remove potatoes & veggie hash from the skillet. Carefully crack eggs into pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, until egg whites are set.
3. Plate potatoes and top with egg. Enjoy & seize the day!