Attention brunch enthusiasts everywhere! Stay in this weekend and whip up this Hash Brown & Egg White Muffin recipe – inspired by a recipe courtesy of Skinny Taste – I promise that you won’t regret it. You can use any veggies that you have on hand to customize the recipe and make it your own. Leftovers – if you have them – are easy to save for later and reheat in the microwave.
– 1 1/2 cups shredded hash browns or potatoes
– 1 cup egg whites
– 3/4 cup onion, diced
– 1/4 cup roma tomatoes, diced
– 1/3 cup colby jack cheese (or your choice of cheese), diced
– Salt, pepper, & garlic powder to taste
Prep time: 10 minutes – Cook time: 50 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with non stick cooking spray. Combine hash browns & 1/2 cup onion in a bowl and season to taste – use salt sparingly!
2. Fill each muffin cup with about 1/3 cup of hash brown mixture. Press against sides of tin to form a nest. Place in oven and bake for about 30 minutes, or until potatoes are golden brown.
3. While hash browns are baking – mix egg whites, remainder of onion, tomatoes, and cheese in a bowl – I also added some crushed red pepper for a little kick. Season to taste.
4. Remove baked hash browns from oven. Fill each cup with 3-4 tbsp. of egg white mixture. Return to oven and bake for about 18 more minutes, until egg whites are fully cooked.
5. Enjoy in your pjs with a mimosa in hand!