Now that summer is officially upon us, it’s time to start planning those summer soirées! Whether you’re planning a party of your own or bringing a treat as a guest, give this simple & quick Summer Fruit Salad recipe a try for a slightly guilt-free dessert.
– 1 whole banana, sliced
– 1 apple, sliced
– 1 12 oz. can pineapple chunks, undrained
– 8-10 strawberries, stemmed & cut into fourths
– 1/2 cup blueberries
– 1 1/2 oz. French vanilla instant pudding mix (about 1/2 of the box)
– 1 tbsp. water (optional)
– 1 tbsp. sugar (optional)
Prep time: 10 minutes – Chill time: 1 – 2 hours
1. In a large bowl, mix pineapples – along with juice from the can – and pudding mix. Stir until well combined and pudding is dissolved. Add 1 tbsp. water, if there isn’t enough juice from the pineapples to dissolve the pudding.
2. Stir in strawberries, blueberries, banana, and apple. Mix in 1 tbsp. sugar, if desired – and I did desire to do so.
3. Chill for at least an hour, until pudding thickens.
Enjoy! You’re sure to the be the hit of the backyard summer party!