With fewer than 5 recipes and in less than 15 minutes, you can whip together this easy recipe. This Egg In A Basket recipe is perfect for a lazy weekend brunch at home or a quick on the go breakfast during the week! Start your morning off right by giving this recipe a crack – you won’t regret it!
– 1 slice of bread
– 1 medium egg
– 1 tbsp. butter
– Salt & pepper to taste
– 1/8 cup shredded cheese, optional
Prep time: 2 minutes – Cook time: 8 minutes – Total time: 10 minutes
1. Using a cup or cookie cutter, cut a hole in the middle of the bread.
2. Lightly butter the bread on each side. Then place in a skillet over medium heat. Let the bread lightly toast on one side, then flip over.
3. Crack the egg into the middle of the bread. Sprinkle with salt & pepper,. Turn down heat on skillet low heat, cover, and let cook for 3-5 minutes – until egg starts to become firm.
4. Gently flip the toast over, cover, and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with cheese. Continue to cook on low heat until cheese melts.
Serve warm & enjoy!