With summer on the horizon, it’s time to start watching what I eat to be sure my beach body is bikini ready. Let’s be real, a girl can only do so much dieting – you still need to fill your belly! This Stuffed Bell Pepper recipe is lean, green, and will give you the fuel to become a fighting machine – or at the very least will be a fulfilling dinner!
– 2 whole green peppers, tops removed & seeded
– 4 oz. ground turkey
– 1 cup brown rice, cooked
– 1 small tomato, diced
– 1/2 cup green pepper, diced (I used the excess from the tops of the green peppers)
– 1/4 cup onion, diced
– 2 serrano peppers, diced
– Salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Wrap peppers in aluminum foil and baked in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
3. While peppers are baking, sauté onion & green pepper in a skillet over medium heat. Add ground turkey and cook until brown.
4. Add tomato, serrano peppers, and rice. Season to taste.
5. Stuff the peppers with the skillet mixture, garnish with shredded cheese (optional), and return to oven.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until tops of pepper begin to brown.