By now it’s probably pretty clear that breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. The feeling of easing out of bed on a Saturday morning to make a delectable & delightful breakfast is what makes the weekend all that it’s cracked up to be. Give this Sunny-Side Up Egg Over Avocado Toast recipe a whirl this weekend!
– 1 slice of bread, toasted (I used a Kaiser roll)
– 1 whole egg
– 1/2 avocado
– 1 tbsp. lime juice
– A few tomato slices
– Salt & pepper, to taste
– Dash of crushed red pepper (optional)
Prep time: 10 mins – Cook time: 8 mins
1. Preheat over to 425 degrees.
2. In a small bowl mash avocado and combine lime juice, salt, and pepper.
3. Gently crack egg into a skillet over medium heat. Cook for about 3 minutes, until egg whites are firm.
4. Spread avocado mixture onto toast, then top with tomato and fried egg. Garnish with a dash of crushed red pepper.
5. Bake for 6-8 minutes, then enjoy your breakfast & seize the day!