Enjoying a delicious PB&J sandwich after school is one of my absolute favorite past times. However, now that I’ve upgraded from juice boxes to
boxed red wine, my sandwich styling has also gotten a much-needed improvement. This Grilled PB&J And Banana Sandwich is a quick & easy (not to mention scrumptious!) healthy snack that definitely hits the spot.
– 2 slices of bread
– 1/2 sliced banana (freeze the slices from the other half for a future treat!)
– 1/2 cup peanut butter
– Handful of washed blackberries
Prep time: 5 minutes – Grill time: 5 minutes – Total time 10 minutes
1. In a small bowl, mash the blackberries with a spoon into a smooth spread.
2. Spread peanut butter evenly onto both pieces of bread.
3. Then, layer the blackberry spread onto one slice of bread and banana slices onto the other.
4. Sandwich the pieces together and place in a skillet over medium heat – be sure to spray the skillet first with non-stick cooking spray.
5. Grill sandwich on both sides for about 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
Slice your sandwich & enjoy with a cup of chocolate milk!