No weekend is complete without a little brunchin’. While a bottomless, boozy brunch at your favorite hot spot is one way to go, making an equally delicious brunch at home can do the trick too. Breakfast casseroles are a tried and true morning dish, as well as a certified crowd pleaser. Throw a girls brunch at your place with this Veggie Breakfast Casserole as the pièce de résistance!
– 4-6 whole eggs
– 4-5 slices of bread, cut into cubes (I used french bread)
– 1 1/2 cup of grated cheese
– 1 1/4 cup milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
– 1 cup kale
– 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
– 1/4 cup diced onions
– 1/2 tsp. black pepper
– 1/2 tsp. tabasco
– 1/4 tsp. sea salt
Prep time: 15 minutes – Cook time: 40 minutes – Total time: 55 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a skillet over medium heat, add a drizzle of olive oil and kale (torn into large pieces). Cook for about 2 minutes, until kale is slightly wilted. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk eggs. Then add milk and cheese, mix together until well combined.
4. Carefully mix in bread pieces until all bread is moistened. Stir gently as not to over mix and disintegrate the bread.
5. Add all veggies, salt, pepper, and tabasco to the bowl. Stir until well mixed.
6. Pour the mixture into a baking pan – I used a 9″x9″ pan. Then sprinkle a dash of crushed red peppers (for an extra kick) and shredded cheese on top of mixture.
7. Bake for about 40 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.