If you weren’t living off of Top Ramen at some point in college, then you weren’t doing it right. Although your co-ed years may be far behind you, instant ramen doesn’t have to be. However, “grown up” ramen should not be cooked in your dorm room on a hot plate and can incorporate more ingredients than just hot water and a seasoning packet – which btw is HIGH in sodium & what gives instant ramen its bad wrap! This Spicy Ramen Noodle Soup recipe is just as simple, but twice as good as the ramen of your college days.
– 1 packet of instant ramen noodles
– 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
– 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
– 1/2 packet of ramen seasoning packet (included in store bought ramen – I used Beef flavor)
– 1/2 tsp. chili powder
– 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
Prep time: 5 mins – Cook time: 5 mins – Total time: 10 mins.
1. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a saucepan. While waiting for water to boil, chop & dice onion and cilantro.
3. Add ramen noodles, onion, and cilantro to boiling water. Let boil for about 2 minutes.
4. Turn off heat and add ramen seasoning, garlic, and chili powder to saucepan. Stir until well combined, cover, and let simmer over low heat for 3 minutes.
5. Remove from heat & serve. Garnish your ramen noodle soup with spices of your choice- I added a sprinkling of crushed red pepper & an extra dash of cilantro.