This St. Patrick’s Day, slide the corned beef & cabbage aside and dig into these Dairy-Free White Chocolate Chip Cookies, with a hint of green to keep things festive. Although I don’t have a strictly dairy-free diet, I desperately wanted cookies but didn’t have butter or eggs at home – so dairy-free cookies it is!
– 2 cups flour
– 1 cup sugar
– 1/2 cup coconut oil (or canola oil)
– 1/4 cup water
– 2 tsp. salt
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
– 5 drops green food coloring
Prep time: 15 minutes — Cook time: 12 minutes — Total time: 30 minutes
Yields about 20 cookies.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
2. In a medium size bowl, whisk all dry ingredients together. Add white chocolate chips and stir until well combined.
3. In a separate small bowl, stir wet ingredients, including food coloring until well mixed.
4. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and pour in wet ingredients. Combine all ingredients until well mixed. If your mix doesn’t seem moist enough – add 1/4 tsp more of oil.
5. Place tablespoon sized balls of the cookie mix onto a baking sheet and bake for 10- 12 minutes, until golden brown.
6. Let cookies cool & then garnish with a sprinkling of powdered sugar for an extra bit of luck this St. Patty’s Day!
What’s your favorite St. Patty’s Day treat?