Brussel sprouts have become quite the rage amongst foodies everywhere. I must admit that they are delicious and the fact that they’re a superfood make them even more appealing. Combine all of that with a little hot sauce and some lentils (a super healthy and delicious legume) and you’ve got a recipe that’ll keep you coming back for more. Add this Spicy Lentils & Roasted Brussel Sprouts recipe to your next dinner menu!
– 1 1/2 cups brussel sprouts
– 1/4 cup lentils
– 2 tbsp. butter, melted
– 2 tbsp. hot sauce (I used Frank’s Red Hot Sauce)
– 1 tbsp. olive oil
– 1/4 tsp. black pepper
– 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
– 1/4 tsp. sea salt
Prep time: 10 minutes — Cook time: 30 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and heat 1/2 cup of water in a saucepan to bring to a boil.
2. Cut brussel sprouts in half. Then combine with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a bowl until well mixed.
3. Spread brussel sprouts onto a baking sheet, in one layer, and bake for 25 minutes or until brussel sprouts are tender and golden brown.
4. While brussel sprouts are baking, add lentils to boiling water and cook for 25 minutes. Once lentils are tender, remove from heat.
5. Mix melted butter and hot sauce in a small bowl. Then, toss with warm brussel sprouts & lentils until well coated.
6. Serve immediately as a side to your favorite dinner!
What would you pair with these Spicy Lentils & Brussel Sprouts?