Monday mornings are always a struggle, but don’t let your morning haze allow you to skip out on breakfast! If you’re in a time crunch but still want a healthy start to the day, then this smoothie recipe is the perfect quick fix. I make this a least once or twice a week for breakfast, or sometimes after my morning workout on the weekends. I stumbled across this simple recipe online, but made a few adjustments to make it my own! All you need are a few basic ingredients & a blender.
Give this recipe a whirl & let me know how it goes…
– 1 cup finely chopped kale
– 1 medium banana
– 1 cup organic almond milk
– 1 spoonful of natural peanut butter
– Pinch of cocoa powder, to taste
– Pinch of nutmeg, to taste
Prep time: 5 mins — Blend time: 2 mins
1. Chop kale (be sure to chop finely!) & banana, then add to blender – along with almond milk & peanut butter.
2. Blend kale, banana, and almond milk until smooth.
3. Add cocoa powder & nutmeg to taste – use sparingly, a little bit goes a long way with both spices.
P.S. – After making your smoothie, fill half of the blender with a soapy water mix & blend to give your blender a quick clean!