Put your game faces on, it’s Super Bowl Sunday!
Give this crowd pleasing recipe a try at your Super Bowl soiree and you’re sure to the talk of the party. Even if the Super Bowl isn’t your cup of tea, this recipe is a delicious, healthy alternative to buffalo wings (my personal kryptonite) for any event or gathering.
– 1 cup water
– 1 all purpose flour
– 1 tsp garlic powder
– 1 head of cauliflower
– 1 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce
– 3/4 tbsp canola oil (or 1 tbsp unsalted butter)
Prep time: 20 mins — Cook time: 25 mins
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a non-stick baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Break head of cauliflower into florets by slicing the core into quarters, then pulling apart the florets by hand. Another option is to just buy pre-cut florets.
3. Combine water, flour, and garlic powder in bowl and stir until well mixed. I also added in a dash of black pepper, for an extra kick!
4. Dip cauliflower pieces into the flour mixture, coat with mixture, then place on baking sheet. Bake until golden brown (approx. 20 mins).
5. While cauliflower is baking, combine hot sauce & canola oil in a separate bowl.
6. Remove baked cauliflower from oven and pour hot sauce mixture over cauliflower. Then return cauliflower to oven and bake for 5 more mins.
7. Remove from oven & let cool.
Serve with blue cheese dressing (or dipping sauce of your choice) and celery sticks.
Enjoy while cheering on your team during the big game tonight!